We hope you are all well.
You will have seen that lots of people have caught ‘coronavirus’ which is an illness giving them a cough and a fever and this is why we have had to stay at home for many weeks now.
For us at Croydon Mencap, looking after our members, carers and our staff is always really important.
Our services are still closed so instead we are offering
- telephone support
- well-being checks
- online sessions
- physical activity packs
- general information, advice, and guidance
The advice from Boris Johnson and the UK Government at the moment is:
- stay at home as much as possible
- work from home if you can
- limit contact with other people
- keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- wash your hands regularly
- do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms, and take a test as soon as you can
For more information on what we can do at the moment, click here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do
If you need help understanding any of this information, please phone or email us.
If you or someone you live with thinks they might be ill, or you need some help in any way like with getting food, getting a test, or support while shielding, you or your parents or carers can email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us: 020 8684 5890 and we will see what we can do to help you.
Our office at Portland House will be closed but you can still phone us on the normal phone number.
Even if you just want to talk to someone, it is OK to call us for a chat.