PiP are running a free workshop designed for parents and carers which will help equip you with the skills and confidence to support your children in areas of sexual and emotional health.
Participants will also gain confidence to challenge inappropriate behaviours in an appropriate manner.
The session will be delivered in a relaxed fashion enabling participants to explore some key areas in sexuality and sex education, including:
- Teaching privacy rules – How, and at what age, to discuss this
- Inappropriate sexual behaviour and how to manage it
- Personal space and boundaries of body
- Relationships – how to ensure the child/young person stays safe and is able to be assertive
- Sexual health – contraception
- Keeping safe online
There will also allow time for individual questions.
Izzy Valenti is a freelance trainer with over 40 years’ experience working in health and social care settings.
Jake Macdonald has been working with people with learning disability and people on the autistic spectrum for 15 years
The workshop is being held on Tuesday 5th March from 10am-1pm at the Carers Support Centre in George Street.
If you would like to attend please contact the PIP Office on 020 8663 5626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Places are limited.