Parents in Partnership @ Croydon Mencap
Parents in Partnership has joined Croydon Mencap. We are now known as Parents in Partnership @ Croydon Mencap, or PiP @ Croydon Mencap.
PiP @ Croydon Mencap work with parent carers of children and young people with any kind of additional needs and disabilities aged 0-25 living in Croydon.
Our aim is to improve lives of parent carers by empowering them to speak up and act for themselves, helping them to realise their potential, and feel enabled to act in a range of situations.
Our services include –
1 to 1 support from Family Link Workers
Our work with parent carers is issue-based and confidential. We obtain written consent and provide support in person, by phone or video call, or email.
Examples of help offered by family link workers includes
- Support with navigating and understanding SEND systems for education, health and social care, and help with talking to professionals
- Preparing for meetings to ensure parents feel heard
- Advocacy at meetings
- Signposting to sources of information about grants and benefits
- Accessing local groups
- Information and support about transitions and moving into adulthood
- Making referrals to other organisations like National Autistic Society (NAS) Croydon, Home-Start Croydon etc
We are unable to provide legal, financial, or welfare, advice or representation but can signpost you to organisations who offer these services.
Information workshops and training, for example
- Mental Capacity Act
- Wills and Trusts
- Welfare and Benefits
- Preparing for Adulthood
- Transitions between schools
- SEN support
- Sexuality and Relationships
- Early Positive Approaches to Support (E-PAtS)
- We provide opportunities for the SEND community in Croydon to have their voices heard and reduce feelings of isolation
- We engage parents and carers in sharing their experiences in surveys, consultations and working groups
- We also signpost parents and carers to the separate Croydon Parent Carer Forum
How to get in touch with us –
Parent carers, and professionals with parental consent, can complete our referral form
or contact us by letter, email, or telephone.
PiP @ Croydon Mencap
678 London Road
telephone 020 8684 5890
Join our email newsletter list to keep up to date with our latest news and activities.